Top Design Trends 2024
The visual world of graphic design evolves like a turning kaleidoscope. We want you to know about some exciting trends that are shaping the visual landscape. If you work within the field of graphic design, love and appreciate art, then you may be familiar with some of these modern takes on timeless designs.
- Minimalism has been a popular trend for several years, but in 2024, we're seeing a bolder take on it. This means putting down bolder colors, stronger fonts, and simpler compositions. This trend is ideal for brands that want to create a clean and modern look.
- Colorful Minimalism is a playful twist on the minimalist trend. It uses bold pops of color to add visual interest to simple designs that appeal to brands that want to be playful and fun.
- Maximalism is the opposite of minimalism. It's all about using a mix of color, pattern, and texture to create a visually rich and stimulating experience. This trend is ideal for brands that want to be bold and daring.
- Hand-drawn Illustrations add a touch of personality and charm to designs. They can be used for logos, website elements, marketing materials, and more. This trend is ideal for brands that want to create a more human-centric feel.
- Surrealism is making a comeback in graphic design. This trend involves using unexpected and dreamlike imagery to create a sense of wonder and intrigue – suggesting that people investigate the brand for a sense of its magic.
- Utilitarian Design is all about function over form. It focuses on creating designs that are simple, practical, and easy to use. This trend is ideal for brands that want to create products and services that are user-friendly and efficient.
- Pixels are being used to create a nostalgic and retro feel. They can be used for logos, website elements, and marketing materials for brands that want to tap into the nostalgia of the 80s and 90s.
- Fluorinated colors – a touch of overshadowing yellows or greens – lends vibrancy and energy to designs. They can be used for logos, website elements, and marketing materials for brands that want to be bold and eye-catching.
Gradients add depth and dimension to designs to create a modern and sophisticated look. The use of natural materials, like wood, stone, and textile, adds a touch of warmth and texture to designs. They can be used for backgrounds, logos, and other elements to create a natural and organic feel.
Did you know? The design team at 365° Total Marketing creates each unique design project in-house: websites, print materials, logos, videos and more. The half-dozen designers on staff have acclaimed experiences in creating dynamic visuals that are fresh, modern, and on-trend. By experimenting with different techniques, 365° Total Marketing creates cutting-edge graphic design work for clients of all types of businesses, each to their own trend to embrace this year.
- MJ Benjoseph, Regional Marketing Executive
365° Total Marketing